Saturday, December 8, 2012

Keep Austin (Blountville) weird....


I was really nostalgic for Austin TX's approach to Christmas just the other day. The Zilker Park Lights, the Keep Austin Weird Light (Flickr 37th street lights)  and the beauty of the juxtaposition of cactus and Christmas when I drove by this house in Blountville. Now I am fairly certain this is a
permanent display, but if we had lived in Austin- well- this wouldn't surprise me if it was the family's approach to decorating the yard for Christmas. I know virtually knothing behind why the aliens chose this house (they do have adorable dogs) or this city (the district is doing a great job educating their kids) but the whole thing just made me smile. Now, I don't live near these aliens or their dogs, I might fight differently if I did.

I will be on the lookout for great holiday displays in NE TN. I've been fortunate to see some real regional personalization and flair. I am simply in love with Kernersville's Blinkies Kernersville Drive down mainstreet with blinkies and certainly Greensboro's Ridgeway was a wonderful treat to get over leaving Austin. Nothing like walking down the street with
all of those globes hanging above your head or sticking your young son out the sunroof so he can enjoy the veiw.

No comments:

Post a Comment